Effective from: 1st November 2019
Hello again and thank you for visiting Fairplay.FM’s copyright policy page.
As you will no doubt have already discovered when you read our Terms and Conditions, Fairplay.FM respects all intellectual property rights and expects our users and subscribers to do the same and this is one of the main tenets of the philosophy behind our existence. If you are a copyright holder, its agent or management company and you believe that any of the copyrighted material which is directly available via the Fairplay.FM platform infringes your copyrighted work, then please let us know.
Please contact our client liaison page on our platform to submit an alleged incident of copyright infringement. Alternatively, that alleged incident of copyright infringement may be sent in writing to our Registered Office address where it will be investigated and appropriate action taken.
Fairplay.FM Ltd, Attn. Client Liaison Director,120 Cavendish Place, EASTBOURNE, BN21 3TZ, UNITED KINGDOM.
A notification of alleged copyright infringement must be addressed to Fairplay.FM's Client Liaison Director as listed above. Please include as much detail as possible to allow us to identify the facts or circumstances, including, where possible:
- Proof of original ownership by the provision of a physical or electronic signature of the owner (or the person or company representative authorised to act on behalf of the owner) of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Specific identification of each copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of where the material believed to be infringing is located on Fairplay.FM Platforms (please be as detailed as possible and provide a URL to help us locate the material you are reporting);
- Contact information for the complaining party, including a complete name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that the complaining party has a genuine belief that use of the work(s) in the manner complained of, has not been authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and that the complaining party is the owner of the right that is allegedly infringed, or agent for the owner;
On receipt of such information we will:
- Reserve the right to temporarily or permanently suspend accounts if we deem necessary whilst such claims are investigated. This has no time limit and is used at the total discretion of Fairplay.FM.
- In such incidents where we deem it necessary, provide all relevant information upon request from either party and within Fairplay.FM’s legal parameters, including that of those making complaints and those to whom complaints are asserted against to legal authorities, governing bodies, or representatives in order to aid the resolution of such conflicts.
- Ensure that in the event of a copyright dispute being successfully resolved in favour of the complainant, Fairplay.FM guarantees to forward any monies still held in the Fairplay.FM payment system to the successful complainant. On any monies already paid out by Fairplay.FM, in good faith, to an artist claiming to have legal copyright ownership, Fairplay.FM cannot and will not be held responsible for the recovery of these monies. Fairplay.FM is committed to supplying all known material to the complainant to help them pursue necessary recovery action against the professed copyright owner.
We believe it only right to let you know that Fairplay.FM has a policy to terminate permanently in appropriate circumstances, the accounts of subscribers who are repeat infringers and if proven that the copyright has been infringed then all outstanding monies accrued by the copyright infringement will be directed to the legal copyright owner. If copyright is determined to have been infringed and proven, in order that we can pay due monies, the legal copyright owner will be required to provide payment details to include:
- Full Name of Claimant.
- Full Postal Address of Claimant, Management or Agent in the case of a claim made on behalf of an artist.
- Bank Account Details.
- Sort Code Details.
- Relevant and transparent information on overseas bank details if the successful claimant is not domiciled or based in the UK.
Failure to provide any of the above relevant and appropriate details may result in a delay in payment or payment transactions being unable to be completed. Fairplay.FM will not undertake to commit to a payment schedule plan until all information is with Fairplay.FM to enable payment to be made.